Published on 2020-11-18 00:00:00 +0000
Following the advice from last week, I started by setting up a script with compilation directives to limit the Unity Windows Speech commands to Windows builds only. Inside these directives, I set up the DictationRecognizer which turns speech to text, and it has a delegate for calling an assigned function that takes in the text generated by the system (Understanding and setting this up took an hour). I then had to adjust my troop controller to take a string instead of the wit responses it did before, which took six hours as I had to change basically everything inside it as well as adjust the names of certain objects. This enabled me to see my work for attacks, and decide how to adjust.
I spent 30 minutes adjusting the tank attack so that it appears as below.
Afterwards I spent 30 minutes adjusting the squad unit’s attack to appear as below.
Next I began to build a in-game UI for the purpose of giving feedback when commands don’t work. Using the Event Bus from 494, I set up a pub/sub system to handle the transmitions, and this system can also be used for the tutorial (2.5 hours). An example of what happens when it goes off is included below.
I then began turning the background of the name bubbles to be the health bar which took half an hour and look like this:
After this I started implementing death and stumbled upon a funny bug that launched my enemy into space.
After successful implementation of death I fixed this bug and a few others I’ve found as well.